UpCloud uses a prepaid system where you can add balance to your account by making a payment at any time. Your services are then deducted from this balance on an hourly basis. Below are explained our two methods for adding balance to your UpCloud account using a credit card or PayPal.
One time payment
When you decide during or after your trial that you wish to continue using your UpCloud services, you can upgrade your account to receive full access to all of our features by making a one-time minimum payment.
To make a manual payment and add credits to your account balance, first, log into your UpCloud control panel. Click the Billing tab under My Account and follow the instructions in the section called Manual, one-time transfer of funds.
If you have not yet entered your contact information, you will see a link to do so.
Once you have filled in your personal details, you can make credit card payments.
- Select your payment method as Credit Card and New credit card just below that.
- Choose the payment amount, the minimum is 10 USD, maximum 5000 USD.
- Select your preferred currency.
- Press Continue to proceed to the credit card form.
If you selected to pay with a new credit card, you will be presented with a credit card form.
Complete form to fill in your credit card details.
- Enter your credit card details as they appear on your card.
- Your contact details should be prefilled, check that the details are correct.
- Press Accept to save the card details and verify the new payment.
Once the process is completed, your account balance is updated to reflect the amount you paid. Also if this payment was your first time adding balance to your UpCloud account, as a result, your account will then also have been upgraded for full access.
Your credit card information is safely stored with our payment service provider Braintree Payments and listed under the payment methods. You can freely delete any saved card details if you wish through the controls on the Billing page.
The automated recurring credit card payments are an easy way to setup carefree payments and avoid running low on funds. Unlike normal monthly subscriptions that simply charge once every 30 days, the UpCloud recurring payments look after your account balance, and only schedules payments when needed based on your usage and the limits you have set.
Therefore, we recommend using recurring payments for reliable, hands-free management of your account balance.
To start using the recurring payment system, log into your UpCloud control panel. Click the to Billing tab under My Account and follow the instructions in the Automated, Recurring Credit Card Payments section.
Configuring recurring payments requires you to enter the following information:
- Select Active: Yes
- Choose a previously entered credit card or add a new one.
- Enter the balance limit that defines when new payments should be made, and select your preferred currency.
- Enter the amount you wish to add when your account balance goes below the limit you set in the previous field.
- Press Save to register the new recurring payment method.
- Optional: If you selected to enter a new credit card, you’ll be directed to the new card details form. Fill the form and press Save to finalise the setup.
With the automated payments, you will never have to worry about forgetting to top up your account balance. You can rest assured your servers will run uninterrupted providing 100% uptime for your web applications and services.
Choice in currencies
To continue our support for additional currencies both today and in the future, we will be including a 2% margin in the exchange rate shown if you make a payment in a currency other than the default, USD. This helps us cover some of the fees we are charged when supporting these currencies.