Controlling your account balance is very simple. UpCloud accounts use a prepaid system where you can at any time transfer funds to top up your balance. Your service usage is then deducted on an hourly basis from this balance. Below are our two methods to adding balance to your UpCloud account. Please note that once you have made your first payment, your account will be automatically promoted out of trial mode.
One Time Transfer
When you decide during or after your trial that you wish to continue using your UpCloud server, you can upgrade your account to receive full access to all of our features and remove any trial restrictions by making a one time minimum payment. Log into your UpCloud Control Panel and select Billing under My Account, on the left you’ll see a section called Manual, One Time Transfer of Funds.
If you haven’t yet entered your contact information, you’ll see a link to do so.
Once you’ve filled in your personal details, you can make a manual one time payment in the Billing section.
- Select your payment method as Credit Card and New credit card just below that.
- Use the minimum amount of 10 USD for a one time transfer, or change to your preferred amount and currency, maximum 700 USD.
- Press Continue to proceed to the credit card form.
- Enter your credit card details as they appear on your card.
- Your contact details should be prefilled, check that the details are correct.
- Press Accept to save the card details and verify the new transfer.
When the transfer has gone through, your account balance is updated to reflect the amount you transferred, and as mentioned above all trial restrictions are removed. Your credit card is safely stored with our payment service provider Braintree Payments, and listed under the payment methods. You can freely delete any saved card details if you wish through the controls on the Billing page.
The automated recurring credit card payments are an easy way to setup care free payments to avoid running out of funds. Unlike normal monthly subscriptions that simply charge once every 30 days, the UpCloud recurring payments looks after your account balance, and only requests a transfer when needed based on your usage and the limits you’ve set. We recommend using recurring payments to minimise the risk of running out of funds and thus affecting your server uptime.
To start using the recurring payment system, log into your UpCloud Control Panel and go to Billing under My Account. On the right you’ll find the Automated, Recurring Credit Card Payments section.
- Select Active: Yes.
- Choose a previously entered credit card or add a new one.
- Enter the balance limit that defines when new transfer should be made, and select your preferred currency.
- Enter the amount you wish to transfer when your account balance goes below the limit you set in the previous field, maximum unlimited.
- Press Save to register the new recurring payment method.
- Optional: If you selected to enter a new credit card, you’ll be directed to the new card details form. Fill the form and press Save to finalise the setup.
With the automated payments you’ll never have to worry about forgetting to top up your account balance. You can rest assured your servers will run uninterrupted providing 100% up time for your web applications and services.